- Excellent discounts on Ingenia Holiday Parks
- Great employee reward and recognition scheme
- Friendly, professional team
About the Village
Ingenia Gardens Horsham provides an alternative to traditional retirement living for independent seniors, offering low-maintenance rental units in a secure, gated community. Allowing the freedom to live a safe and fulfilling life, where privacy and independence are always respected.
About the Position
As Village Cook, you will be responsible for the quality production of all meals and food services to the village as well as ensuring that the kitchen, service and dining room facilities are cleaned and sanitised.
- With resident satisfaction our core focus, ensure the quality and flavour of food is maintained to the highest standard at all times
- Ensure the kitchen is stocked with produce required to provide a full catering service and that wastage is maintained at a minimum;
- At all times ensure proper and safe use of all materials, consumables and equipment;
- Show absolute care and empathy towards the needs of our residents, communicate with genuine care and engage a positive relationship while maintaining professional conduct.
The ideal applicant will have the following skills and experiences to be a successful Village Cook:
- Experience in cooking and serving similar buffet home-style quality meals;
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery and Certificate in Food Safety
- Understanding of budget / cost control accompanied with basic Microsoft Office computer skills;
- Ability to handle and use approved commercial chemicals in accordance with the Safety Data Sheets;
- Ability to work unsupervised and meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills to build rapport with residents and other staff/managers.
Providing an exceptional service to our residents is one of the most important factors for the success of our business. For the successful applicant, we can offer:
- Rewarding and challenging opportunity;
- Security working for an ASX listed organisation!
If you wish to join a successful team in a growing company, please submit your application using the Apply For This Job button below and forward your resume and cover letter outlining how your previous experience can assist you to excel in the role.
Only applicants who progress to the next stage in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must be able to work in Australia and be residing in Australia at the time of application. Ingenia Communities employees are required to complete a National Police History Check.
No agencies please.