Ingenia Communities Group is one of the largest owners, operators and developers of quality land lease communities and holiday parks.
Community engagement and impact
Support for local charities and community groups is an ongoing focus for individual community managers and their residents that not only provides much needed funding and volunteering but also supports engagement and a sense of purpose for residents. These activities include financial support through fundraising or sponsorships, contribution of goods for charity events or provision of space or volunteers.
Recent activities have included:
- Support for the South Coast over FY20 – the NSW South Coast was severely impacted by bushfires and then flood. The impact on the local community was significant and included some damage to a number of Ingenia’s communities in the region. To support those communities, a fundraising event was hosted by Ingenia Holidays Lake Conjola to recognise community and Rural Fire Service support and Ingenia matched donations to the Shoalhaven Mayoral Fund and RFS.
- Donation of community space or hosting fundraising events and local community groups, including Chamber of Commerce (Albury), Cancer Council, Bush Kids, Can Assist, local mens shed (Bermagui) and RSPCA.
- Donation of goods to Ronald McDonald House Charities Australia, local schools, St Vincent de Paul.
- Sponsorship of groups including local netball (Hunter Valley) and local bowls clubs (Kingscliff).
Our communities also seek to use local tradespeople and suppliers where possible and to promote local products and services to visitors at our holiday parks, providing economic support to the communities they are part of.
Ingenia Aspire – supporting broader community engagement and impact
Ingenia Aspire was established to give a focus to the Group’s corporate community giving activities. The Aspire program complements the significant community contribution that is undertaken across individual communities at a local level.
Through Ingenia Aspire, Ingenia seeks to provide meaningful support to one or more charities that align with the Group’s vision and values and, through that support, to make an important contribution to the broader community.
In addition to financial support, the Aspire program provides an opportunity for staff volunteering and resident engagement and contributions.
A partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities Australia was established in 2018 and is in its third successful year. As part of this partnership, Ingenia became the first ever National Family Room Partner, providing support across all 18 locations.
To date Ingenia has donated $237,000 in cash and in kind and has generated strong employee and resident engagement through:
- Employee participation in the Meals from the Heart program at local houses – over 90 Ingenia employees have volunteered at seven locations
- Gifted VIP holiday experiences hosted by Ingenia’s holiday parks
- Community based fundraising activities across Ingenia offices and resident communities
- Resident knitting program across Ingenia Lifestyle and Gardens communities
- A much-needed refurbishment of bathrooms at Ronald McDonald House Randwick has been progressed with the Group’s development team completing design and construction documentation
- In 2020, support for the Ronald McDonald National Learning Program through a $50,000 cash donation contributing to tutoring support for seriously ill children to catch up on missed education.
- Complete the renovation of the bathrooms at Ronald McDonald House Randwick (delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Continue to promote resident support for Ronald McDonald House Charities Australia through extending engagement to resident newsletters
- Provide ongoing support to residents and managers for activities within local communities.
Over the course of FY21 we plan to more fully capture the value of community contributions made across the Group to support additional reporting.
Ronald McDonald House Charities Impact Report 2019 Ingenia Communities